An Agricultural Strategy guides governmental, organizational and public action, investment and practice with regards to agricultural activities and outputs. It is a blueprint to follow towards achieving the agricultural goals of the region.
What are the key questions in developing the Agricultural Strategy?
- How can the local image of agriculture be promoted to increase public awareness and support for local food production?
- How can the agriculture sector be strengthened through consultation processes including policy, planning and regulations?
- How can local and regional organizations support producers?
- How can local and regional organizations support the processing or adding of value and marketing of agricultural products?
- What needs to be done to maintain and enhance agricultural production research?
- How to increase production, revenues, and employment for the agriculture industry not only in the local market, but larger domestic and international markets?
- How can food security be addressed?
- How can the agriculture industry be differentiated from other regions in BC?